To help us succeed in decreasing pet overpopulation in our community, Volunteers are essential!!
We know your time is valuable and we are extremely flexible about the number of hours worked by volunteers. We can schedule volunteer activities between 9:00am and 5:00pm during the week and some volunteer activities can be conducted during hours that are convenient to volunteers (e.g. distributing flyers, helping with social media and developing flyers). Fundraising and special events volunteers often will help in the evenings and on weekends. There is something for everyone!
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Will be required to have a conversation with the AnimalWorks’ staff member they will be volunteering to assist.
- Are expected to participate in at least one activity per year to remain active.
There are several ways you can volunteer at AnimalWorks including:
Community Outreach & Marketing:
Help to spread information about the spay/neuter program.
Fundraising & Special Events:
- Work tables at retail, thrift, and grocery stores
- Distribute flyers and make the community aware of AnimalsWorks spay/neuter program and vaccination clinics
- Post to networking sites
- Make direct mailers, brochures, flyers and other graphics
Help AnimalWorks plan and carry out the events that help keep the clinic open. Fundraisers have included: Restaurant nights (% of take donated), Walk/bike for the animals, Golf or tennis tournaments, Motorcycle rides, andSilent auctions. You can also develop your own fundraiser!
Assistance at fundraisers include:
- Set up and tear down
- Crowd control
- Flyer/ticket distribution
- Event registration and check-in
- Auction monitoring
- Providing general information about AnimalWorks.
Help AnimalWorks in the office, community or with facility improvements.
If you'd like more information about current volunteer opportunities
- Painting interior and exterior walls
- Mowing grass and weed whacking
- Office assistance such as filing and miscellaneous duties
- Electrician projects (for qualified individuals)
- Plumbing projects (for qualified individuals)
- Donation Collections
- Animal Transport: assist with transportation of pets or donations
, please contact Teresa Lamarche, AnimalWorks Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org